Performance

Nov 25, 2008 at 4:03 PM
Ok, fnished translating, now I'm working on customizing it to our needs

I noticed some performance issues. On some of our full projects, it seems to take a really long time to load, has this happened to anyone?

To work around the long load time, for now, I've tossed it in a thread and added a processing dialog...

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2008 at 7:36 PM
Hi Choggo,

Please accept my apologies for the slow response.  I changed jobs and the ramp up has been keeping me busy.

The performance you are observing is normal on a project with a lot of tasks or that spans a long duration.  For example, the routine that checks for incomplete work has to walk through the whole time line for each task.

I would be interested in seeing the code you have added for creating the thread and adding the processing dialog.  If you have no objections, I would like to consider integrating them into the code base.

Thank you for your efforts and feedback.

Bob Segrest
Mar 26, 2009 at 7:26 PM
Hey Bob,

Sorry for the looong delay in answering, I swear it was not in revenge :p

I've been working on other projects and haven't had time to check back here. My boss saw today that you had replied and let me know...

I moved the processing code over to another method, and after the dialog was shown, I put a background worker to do the heavy lifting.
You'll likely run into a few exceptions related to calling methods from the wrong thread. I use the report progress metho form teh Background worker to send the required updates over to the correct fields.

If you wish, I'll download the current version again, apply teh changes and send them over to your e-mail for review. I'd send my current version, but it has suffered many changes (including the removal of some fields as a customization for a client) that it probably wouldn't do you much good.

I'm checkign the notify by mail box.. to avoid missing your reply :)